About our client
We are continuing to partner with a global business who specialise in the energy and water industries. Their mission is to make these two life essentials more affordable, accessible and sustainable to all. Through deep domain expertise, innovative technologies and collaboration with the best and brightest people, their objective is to influence the energy and water industries to drive positive change around the world.
Combining experience of real-world practical application with high value delivery and end-to-end solutions for customers, they offer global thinking and local strategy that deliver the best outcomes and help leave a cleaner planet for future generations. Whereas competitors focus on isolated parts of the utility value chain, this is uniquely positioned to deliver a truly end-to-end service. From identifying customers’ challenges and creating strategies to overseeing delivery and measuring outcomes, our client is both consultancy and long-term partner, sharing risk, reward and knowledge to unlock value and secure positive benefits for all.
Our client’s Spanish division operates the business across Iberia and Latin America.
Looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our clients Spanish ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so they expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, Charteris would like to talk to you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
· Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
· Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
· Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
· Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
· Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
· Participate in business expansion activities through development of strategic corporate alliances
· Manage relationships with partners/vendors
· Ensure key metrics delivery: high and consistent client satisfaction score, employee satisfaction scores, on-time and to-budget delivery of all key projects
· Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role for at least 3 years
· At least 10 years’ experience in the Energy and Utilities sector having worked across Iberia and Latin America. Broad experience in delivering services across the wide value chain across the Power industry (Power Generation using conventional and renewable means, Transmission, Distribution, Retail) is required.
· Experience across other sectors including Gas and Water is beneficial
· Solid understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
· Demonstrable competency in strategic operations planning and P&L controls to deliver the company business plan objectives
· Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
· Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
· An Engineering education background with an MBA is a plus