The Operations Manager is a dynamic and inspirational people leader who will provide the positive direction and daily management to the operations team. Responsible for maximising the effectiveness, growth and profitability through planning, insightful leadership, and strong focus on systems and processes to improve productivity and quality whilst supporting the implementation of world class manufacturing techniques into the organisation. You will drive the development, planning, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes, and operations for new and/or existing products and technologies. Works closely with quality to ensure strict compliance with good manufacturing practices guidelines at all times.
This position will be based in Thame, Oxfordshire but with possible travel to other locations, some overseas, for periods up to a week.
You will be a charismatic Leader able to influence others at all levels of the organisation, who leads by example and inspires people to do the right thing
· Accountable for working with the UK General Manager to produce the operations strategy, identify key goals and initiatives that will enable supply chain operations to support the business in gaining competitive advantage and deliver business results.
· Oversee and direct the planning, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new or existing products.
· Implement the overall commercial manufacturing operations strategy for on-time and in-full fulfillment of product demand, across all regions that delivers high quality products
· Develop and implement systems that comply with company and industry regulatory requirements for quality, safety, and the environment.
· Implement operations administrative policies, procedures, and standards as directed by the UK General Manager.
· Drive effective use operations resources and continuous improvement efforts. Define, drive, and deliver key production and process improvements
· Manage the operations costs and budgets; strive to improve the overall financial and key performance indicators of the business.
· Optimise S&OP planning, balancing revenue maximisation with meeting customer requirements.
· Oversee all aspects of inventory management to optimise inventory targets; drive inventory reduction programmes
· Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure on-time in-full delivery targets are achieved.
· Working with the UK General Manager and Supply Chain Director, develop organisational goals for the facility which are aggressive, yet achievable, and tied to long-term goals of the company
· Seek development opportunities and experiment with new approaches and practices to stay current in supply chain and manufacturing expertise.
· Accountable for delivering process excellence and the effective use of the Team’s resources and continuous improvement efforts.
· Coordinate work through effective collaboration with all parts of the organisation
· Guarantee the delivery of the business strategy, by ensuring all operations team members have regular performance management meetings with their managers.
Experience Knowledge & Skills
· Broad experience of developing and implementing short to long-range objectives and strategies to achieve business goals.
· Experience in Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement processes
· Proven capability of operating successfully at a senior management level
· Understanding of electrical mechanical design engineering, competence in electrical power engineering.
· Demonstrate financial acumen including planning and cost control capabilities and proven experience of managing projects to budget.
· Proven track record in delivering manufacturing and supply chain best practice
· Strong working ethic in the delivery of satisfying the profitable requirements and expectations of internal and external customers.
· Effectively recognise and manage conflict
· Broad experience of working in a multi-national, matrix organisation.
· Strong communications and presentation skills.
· Degree level education or equivalent certified experience in an engineering/technical/manufacturing field
· Certificated experience in people management
· Full driving licence
email for further details: email@example.com