We are now accepting applications from experienced Principal Safety Consultants to work with a leading consultancy that specialises in the nuclear industry. The Safety Case team in Oxfordshire is growing as a result of its successes, so this is an exciting time to join them on their journey.
You will be joining a company with an excellent reputation for delivering technical excellence to its clients across the UK, and be able to bring your relevant experience of working in the nuclear industry to them, so previous experience of delivering technical, project & framework management solutions is a must to assist in the future growth.
Previous experience in the production and presentation of proposals, and the writing of technical documents.
Your experience should include the majority of the following:
· You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the production of safety case documents, for a number of plant types at different life cycle stages. The ability to work as part of a team demonstrating your capability to work unsupervised within a team
· Demonstrate direct involvement in the production of all major elements of safety cases in particular fault analysis and the identification and specification of safety systems (engineered and procedural)
· Be able to provide clear evidence of being directly involved in the integrated design process and interfacing with engineers and human factors specialists
· Demonstrate involvement in the production of complicated/high category safety cases under the supervision of an experienced safety case project manager
· Ability to lead the production of less complex/lower hazard category safety cases
· Evidence of interfacing with the client on matters related to the safety case
· Experience of interfacing with peer reviewers and other aspects of safety assurance or due process
· Production and support of the development of bids and proposals
· Previous experience of developing and mentoring skills in junior members of the team
Skills / Qualifications:
Ideally 10 years of experience in the nuclear industry (less is acceptable), the ability to develop technical work and oversee the work of others. Preparation of proposals and development of commercial activities. Flexible, innovative and able to work on a number of varied projects. Appropriate security clearance and a degree in a physical science, chemistry or engineering (or equivalent)
This position provides excellent opportunities for those wishing to develop their careers technically and commercially.
Benefits include, Healthcare, pension, BUPA< 25 days holiday and bonus.
This company are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.