You will be working with one of our key clients who undertakes Transmission & Distribution activities. This company specializes in the EPC project delivery for design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland.
A Project Director is now required to join this business unit, reporting to the Business Managing Director, to lead a high-value multi-discipline team as the Joint Venture (JV) Project Director for programme delivery of major substation projects in England and Wales, with a responsibility to develop further business within that framework.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the successful delivery of £40m-£80m programmes of work, and technically & commercially complex portfolios / projects ideally within the high voltage transmission sector.
Ability to lead and function within a combined client and supplier partner team.
You will have the experience, energy and resilience as well as proven systems, techniques and methods to assess and deliver the project safely, on time and to budget.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of NEC3 forms of contract and will have experience of working within a JV environment.
The role-holder will have extensive knowledge of project planning, works management and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of CDM Regulations and experience of leading project specific safety initiatives
Strong Leadership skills will be essential leading large project & operational teams
· A Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Training in HSE management, eg IOSH/NEEBOSH or behavioral safety programmes
· Formal Programme/Project management training eg APM
· Training and experience in Contracts eg NEC3
· Experience working within or leading Joint Ventures
· Ability and experience in leading project teams 50+ FTEs
· Available for start from June 2020, based in the Midlands and be mobile across the UK
· Experienced in design and build multi-discipline transmission substation projects (Renewable, Connection related or other equivalent Industry Sectors would also be suitable)
· Effective and proven leadership skills
This is a Midlands based position, with travel throughout UK.
Executive basic + Pension, Car allowance, Private Healthcare, Bonus scheme, Share save scheme,
25 days holiday + statutory entitlement