Our clients Fuel Systems & Composites division have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will have the opportunity to work on product development programmes that will support the five-year growth targets of the UK Composites business. The products are highly specialised aerospace composites and the business is the market leader in this sector.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, you will have experience managing multiple internal stakeholders (including Scientific, Engineering, Manufacturing, Commercial, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality, etc.) in a matrix organisation to scope, coordinate, track and deliver successful projects for our military aerospace customers.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record in delivering projects On Quality, On Time and On Budget. The nature of the projects within the business is such that the project manager will be responsible for the revenue and profit from the typically customer-funded development projects and so financial and commercial acuity will be key to succeeding in the role. The Project Manager will necessarily be the primary customer interface, ensuring that their requirements and expectations are met or exceeded in equal measure to those of the business.
In addition to an excellent working knowledge of project management tools and processes (WBS, PBS, schedules, risks), it is also desirable for you to have good financial acumen, strong influencing skills, a hands-on approach to leading teams, excellent communication skills and previous experience of being a key customer interface.
Summary of responsibilities:
· Drive the project from proposal stage to sustainable in-service delivery
· Guide the IPT according to structured objectives and coherent plans
· Plan, track and deliver the projects on time, on quality and within budget
· Responsible for delivering project outputs and benefits as defined in the project charter(s).
· Be the primary point of contact for the project customers, internal and external.
· Ensure effective focus on project risk mitigation and opportunity exploitation
· Ensure full adherence to the business’ programme lifecycle management process
· Responsible for timely and quality inputs to applicable governance processes such as regular programme reviews, monthly reports, etc.
· Ensure strong links with other departments and stakeholders to deliver sustainable results
· Background and qualifications in engineering or scientific disciplines, applied in a project management context within the aerospace industry.
· Good knowledge of managing projects and people, both locally and remotely, on a day-to-day basis.
· APM, Prince2 or similar qualification is preferred
· Proven track record of delivering NPI or operational improvement projects under challenging timescales with cross-functional teams
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
· Good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the business.
· Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions
· Leading by example in extolling accountability; setting the standard for the team and colleagues.