Do you want to be involved in positively disrupting the energy sector and leading the transition to a low carbon energy future? If you’re up for the challenge and have the project management skills to make it happen, read on!
We are recruiting again for a highly innovative energy tech company. They focus on offering unique measurement and analytics services for Transmission and Distribution System Operators (TSOs and DSOs) and an enhanced Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for renewable asset owners.
Project Manager (Grid)
The key role of the Project Manager (Grid) is to deliver innovation projects and commercial services relating to power system monitoring and operations while supporting ongoing business growth. You will act as an interface between customers and the development team, ensuring that products and services provided are relevant and valuable to our customers. This will involve maintaining relationships with customers, understanding their requirements and effectively communicating and scoping delivery services.
· Liaise with customers to understand, document and capture their requirements.
· Support opportunity management, proposal development and management reporting.
· Develop project scope, methodology, schedule, organisation, risk register, business case and budget forecasting for new projects.
· Manage a range of projects, e.g. innovation projects, demonstration pilots, commercial services and professional services.
· Deliver complex integration projects across multidisciplinary international teams (e.g. power systems engineering, R&D, operations).
· Demonstrate clear and effective project governance during project execution:
· Set up and maintain project controls (e.g. risk/actions/change/document register, financial reporting, etc)
· Deliver business critical projects on time, within budget and at quality level expected
· Perform quality, risk, issue, change, communication, stakeholder and vendor management
· Produce finance and progress reporting at all levels within the organisation
· Achieve formal customer acceptance and invoicing
· Manage contracts and relationships with project partners, liaising with external stakeholders as required to deliver successful project outcomes.
· Manage external suppliers in ways which ensure that products and services:
· Anticipate, identify and mitigate risks during project delivery and escalate where required.
· Ensure all work is delivered in line with agreed standards for quality and consistency and define/champion good performance.
· Ensure all work is carried out in line with Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and Security.
· Develop skills and expertise in disciplines relevant to the role, encouraging and enabling continuous improvement.
· Represent the client at customer or industry events/conferences etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Able to work in a dynamic environment without constant supervision. Exhibit personal drive and the ability to multitask.
· Able to reduce complexity into key, scalable requirements and to communicate effectively both in internal and external contexts.
· Able to wear organisational, technical and commercial ‘hats’.
· Experience in delivery within Grid, Utility, Telecoms or Energy Services.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to travel from time to time.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Demonstrable experience of managing third party contractors to deliver services.
· Experience with EPC contract management.
· Knowledge of smart grid technologies from a DSO and/or TSO environment.
· Relevant certification, e.g. Prince2, PMI, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Scrum, etc.