We are now accepting applications from experienced Senior Estimators for our key client in London who own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the south east and East of England.
As the Senior Estimator you will be responsible for the timely production of the detailed pricing of HV & LV Installations from client specifications, conceptual designs and technical work scopes.
This will require you to compile accurate estimates for multi discipline electrical works, including labour, plant, equipment, materials and sub-contract requirements during the tendering and bidding phases of the project. The level of bidding workload will escalate in line with Services growth strategy and ambitions, but previous knowledge of pricing and estimating up to £200m is required.
Management of opportunities and pipeline linked to business development.
· Establish bid strategies from earliest possible stage
· Preparation of prime cost estimates.
· Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage.
· Liaison with contracts team for construction advice and planning.
· Advise on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin.
· In conjunction with marketing function, prepare pre-bid submissions/pre-qualification documents.
· Pricing and Estimating subject matter expert with Senior Management and Wider Management teams, providing guidance and advice on estimating strategies on potential bids
· Working with existing Pricing and Estimating team to introduce a consistent, best in class way of working on pricing and estimating activities across UK Power Networks Services
· Coaching and mentoring of existing Pricing and Estimating teams to ensure work is carried out in a consistent and professional manner on all bids
· Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain the best available quotations, and improve the turnaround times of supplier quotes to improve the quality of bid submissions
· Responsible for evaluations of options or alternatives
The Senior Estimator will work with the operational managers and the bid team to better utilise the localised estimating resource, to identify particular areas of expertise amongst the estimating staff to share across the business and to develop the competence, expertise and flexibility of local resource through training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
You will hold a formal qualification related to Electrical Engineering or Electrical Estimating discipline or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree in an industry-related field, such as Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
Demonstrable experience in estimating multi discipline HV & LV electrical projects
Experience in estimating large and complex bids and managing a team of estimators across a portfolio of bids.
Experience in the use of estimating software
Electrical installation Industrial & commercial projects
An excellent understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM)
You must have knowledge of HV & LV installations and switchgear
Ideally will have knowledge of rail industry
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
Annual leave 25 days, Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (Client will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%) , Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme, Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme, Season ticket loan, Occupational Health support, Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products, Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres, Discounted access to sports and social clubs, Employee Assistance Programme.